"America's comeback starts right now," said former President Donald J Trump on Nov. 15, 2022 at Mar-a-Lago in a serious address announcing that he was running for president in 2024.
“In order to make America great and glorious again, I tonight am announcing my candidacy for president of the United States,” Trump said.
Emphasizing that the path forward would be no walk in the park for him and his family, he singled out his wife Melania ("It has not been easy") and his son Eric who he said had been "unfairly" harassed, "the most subpoenaed man" in American history.
Among other highlights, Trump:
- Suggested China played a major role in the 2020 elections. "Just saying, just saying . . . "
- Said, "this is not just a campaign, it is a quest to save our country."
- Vowed to push for a constitutional amendment for term limits and work to enact a lifetime ban for lobbying by members of Congress and the Cabinet.
- Called for a ban on insider trading by members of Congress.
- Pledged that every member of the military who was kicked out over the vaccine will be restored with full back pay.
- Promised to work to bring back honesty and truth in elections and ...
- "Voter, ID, same day voting and only paper ballots."
- Said: "I am asking for your vote, I am asking for your support and I am asking for your friendship and your prayers in this very incredible but dangerous journey."
Free Press International
[Freedom Is Not Free!]